Saturday 11 July 2009

Day 11
A lovely sunny day with one major problem. THE WIND. Just like going sailing. Right on the nose.Just where you want to go to. A total of 98 miles today which took 14hrs with stops.We came along the side of Loch Ness and then cut the corner missing Inverness and joined up with the A9 which is our route all the way to the finishing post84 miles away.We are now on track to finish tomorrow, one day earlier than planned if the wind treats us a lot kinder than today. I also lost my record of not walking up any hills today. A 15 per cent hill got the better of me and I had to walk a quarter of a mile. Alan made it with a couple of stops. Well done me old handsome. He kindly said that his gearing was a lower ratio than my bike.Thank you to the lady at the garage today who kindly donated some money to Help For Heroes and thanks again to everyone else that has donated to the two charites that we are riding for. I saw the headlines today about the latest fatalities. Just awful.
Thanks for all your comments and Liz, my Willy is safely locked up in the van to keep him out of trouble.
Nite blog followers and thanks for reading
The motley six

No comments:

Post a Comment